onsdag 4. desember 2013

Christmas time..

..is coming ever closer, and if there's one thing Christmas calls for, it's presents.

I don't have the money to buy lots of great gifts for everyone - as an unemployed student it's all about making the best out of what you've got.
Before I started studying last year I had a job, and at least had enough money to give my closest friends good gifts and make a good selection of hard candies, homemade extracts and some baked goods to my extended family. This year, I'm fearing that everyone's getting the same stuff - and the selection won't be as good. Instead, I'll have to bulk up the portions of each recipe (because there's nothing worse than getting a little candy!), so now it's time to find those recipes that are cheap to make and yields a lot.

Last week, I tested out a recipe for marshmallows, and found out that one batch makes many marshmallows, and they're not expensive to make (the one expensive ingredient is corn syrup, and one bottle is enough for 3.5 batches). Bonus: They can be flavored with Lorann Oils! Colorful foamy pillows with different flavors? Marshmallows will definitely be a part of this year's Christmas presents.

Another cheap recipe that yields a lot is a very popular one in Norway: Almond praline (though we make it with whole almonds, not sliced). I love them, and so do several people in my family. This year, I want to try something new, and I'm considering throwing some cinnamon in there.. mostly because I love cinnamon. I'll probably make a test batch, in case I'm the only one who loves cinnamon on everything.

So now I only have to find one last recipe to make, because three things are a lot better than two.
The criteria are, as I've already mentioned, that it has to be cheap to make, yield a lot and be popular enough that it can't go wrong.

Now, be nice little minions and find me some recipes!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar